So, me and pandancer
were discussing Glee, and how awesome it would be if they did a Matchbox 20 or Counting Crows or Augustana theme episode, and how those would be the only theme episodes that I would be okay with at all. And over the past couple of episodes, since about Furt
, I've been compiling a list of Counting Crows songs that I think would be good for each character. And I'm sharing them now, because as I tell you guys all the time, I am insane and should be censored at all times. But since I'm not:Finn:Colorblind
- I thought this was perfect for Finn when all the stuff was just happening with Santana and Rachel, but now that Quinn's been thrown into the mix, holy shit, it's kind of perfect. Especially if Quinn ends up going back to Sam (which I sort of hope really happens), this would be a great song for how he's confused as all hell and
alone, watching everyone around him get their shit together while his is kind of breaking apart. But he still has to be the leader of the Glee club, so he's just holding everything together with his fingertips and pretending he's fine. Also, I think this song is perfect for Cory's voice, and as much as a love Cory (which is lots, cause he's adorkable), there aren't many songs that are good for his voice.Quinn and Sam: Accidentally in Love
- It is cliched as all hell and I kind of love it. Once everything with Finn (hopefully) gets sorted out, I think this would be perfect for them to sing together. Maybe Sam starts in and is all adorable like he usually is, and Quinn eventually joins in. I don't know, I just want them to be all adorable and in love and sing this song together.Puck, Artie and Santana: Big Yellow Taxi
- Because Puck and Artie could totally pull of the this-is-really-carefree-but-we're-talkin
g-about-serious-shit-here vibe this song has, and Puck on the "Late last night" line would just be amazing. Don't even pretend it wouldn't. And Santana and maybe Brittany providing the female vocals. It could be kind of like the introduction to the theme thing, like "Only the Good Die Young" was.Puck (and Rachel): Mr. Jones
- Puck would also be the shit on this song, because he could pull of the right amount of hurt and playfulness that this song has, and maybe he could duet with Rachel, maybe about getting out of Ohio and making it big. And he could be all, "Oh, Berry's in to me." And then Rachel, could be all "I don't need a man right now, plus, you're with Lauren now." And he'd be all "Shit, you're right." And this one damn song just created a whole bunch of plot.Kurt and Blaine: Hanging Around
- Just a fun, upbeat song for Blaine and Kurt to sing together, because they need more songs to sing together, and maybe, walk around downtown or something. Just how it's okay for them to be friends and hang around. And also, I need to see Darren Criss sing this song.Kurt and Karofsky: Round Here
- Because isn't that first verse just perfect for Karofsky? And Kurt could join on the short little chorus and take the second verse, and maybe it's a little bit about them coming to understand the other just a little. And the third verse would be kind of perfect for them both, and this song is just kind of perfect. And we know Max Adler can sing, he was a big show choir kid in high school, and I think this would be awesome for both of them. Maybe on a rainy day, Kurt at Dalton and Karofsky at McKinley, both trying to just figure everything out. This would could take place on either side of Hanging Around
, but I think I prefer it after, like Kurt's living in one place in this world with Dalton and Blaine, but he certainly hasn't forgotten that old world.Group: A Long December
- I want this as the final group number. I don't really care whose singing where, but I kind of want Mercedes on this one, because I couldn't find any songs that really fit her otherwise, but other than that, maybe Finn and Puck are the best candidates. But I think this would be an awesome, slow group finish to kind of an emotional episode, with clips of Karofsky and Kurt/Blaine throughout, Fade to Black and all.
And on that note, could I just take a second to talk about how awesome Max Adler is? BECAUSE HE'S REALLY FUCKING AWESOME. He's really just like a big teddy bear in life, or at least what I've seen of him is, and he's adorable, AND HIS STORY LINE THIS SEASON HAS BEEN AMAZING, AND HE HAS DONE A FUCKING AMAZING JOB WITH IT. WHENEVER HE AND CHRIS-CO ARE IN A SCENE TOGETHER, I'M ALWAYS LIKE "IS THERE A FUCKING EPIC AWARD WE CAN GIVE THESE TWO RIGHT NOW? BECAUSE THEY ARE GODDAMN AMAZING." It makes me happy that there are young actors like them out there.